Sunday, September 7, 2008

El pie

I went out on Friday night with one of my host brothers and his friend Pepe. We had tapas and listened to a little bit of live Flamenco music, which was quite boring... and then we went to a few bars. I won't go into too much detail because my parents and possibly my grandma read this blog. In any case, I ended up with a piece of glass stuck in my foot. I woke up in the morning and my shoe had blood on it and my foot hurt a lot, I was hoping it was just a cut, not a piece of glass stuck in there. I waited a day and it was still hurting immensly, so my host mom helped me dig it out. Mostly she just watched as I dug and dug with a needle and tweezers to pull this rather large and pokey looking piece of glass out of the bottom of my heel. I was extremely relieved to have it out of there and my foot feels a million times better now. And I didn't have to go to the doctor! Yipeee :)

Here are some photos from the last few days:

Me and host brother #1 at the beach

cadiz sept21

Me and host brother #2 at the bar where my host sister's boyfriend is a manager

cadiz sept22

Guy who works at the bar, me and host sister's boyfriend

cadiz sept23

Host sister, host brother #2 and me

cadiz sept24

Me and some people in my program having a coffee during our break for lunch

cadiz sept25

I went to the beach today and put on lots of sunscreen and I did not burn so I am happy :) I hope this week in class is not as crappy as last week. But it will be done on Friday and then I get to start real classes. I miss Seattle. I really miss ultimate. And I miss my family and my friends!

3 comments:

koznem said...

wow host brother #1 is cute. mom and I think kiki might be pregnant. but probably not. but she shows some of the signs the cat book mom got me says she would, if she were pregnant. so. we'll let you know.

Sarah Koznek said...

:-O!!!

Holy crap. If she has babies I am coming home.

What is wrong with her?

koznem said...

she's been sticking really close to home, doesn't want to go out much, is extra loving...personality changes. there should be physical signs 3 weeks after conception (her nipples should get pink and stuff) but there hard to see through her fur. She's probably not preggers....we'll let you know.